The new Pioneer XDJ-RX All-in-One Rekordbox DJ System is an innovative pro-DJ System designed for seamless, high-quality performance. It is fully featured yet very easy to use and could prove to become an essential tool for the modern DJ this year!
The two CDJ-style platters have a familiar club-standard layout and give DJs instant access to pro-DJ performance features including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Quantized cues and loops. Pads add a physical element, with instant access to Hot Cues and Auto Beat Loops – or DJs can choose and slice loops on-the-fly with the new Loop Slice function.
The unit’s mixer boasts four high-quality Sound Colour FX and eight Beat FX, including the DJM-900NXS’s hugely popular Spiral. With two MIC inputs, a LAN port and an array of quality IN/OUT connections, the XDJ-RX can be used as a stand-alone two-channel mixer. Plus two USB ports means DJs can use both for playback whilst recording their performances to one of the USB devices at the same time.
- Download the latest version of rekordbox (Windows/Mac) at: http://rekordbox.com/en/download
- Or download the rekordbox app at the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Plus, if using the rekordbox app for Android, you can update the XDJ-RX firmware at http://pioneerdj.com/support/ (from April 2015).
XDJ-RX FEATURES IN DETAIL
1. NEW Large full-colour screen for at-a-glance information from both players
The 7-inch, full-colour LCD screen displays information about both players simultaneously for intuitive alignment of beat grids and a visual reference to what features are in play.
The screen has two modes:
- Play: shows track playback position, dual waveform display with Wave Zoom, BPM and Beat Countdown, FX information, Quantize status and more.
- Browse: lets DJs quickly browse and select tracks, with easy access to artwork views and Hot Cue info for each track. Plus the traffic light system shows which rekordbox tracks are in key with the track on the master deck.
2. Integrated unit with familiar layout and pro-DJ features
The XDJ-RX integrates two USB-driven players and a two-channel mixer, with build quality and performance features inherited from the club-standard Pioneer DJ Nexus set-up.
- Quantize: uses the track’s beat grid to ensure loops and cues are set and triggered in time with music.
- Beat Sync: looks at the rekordbox beat grids, on up to four connected players, and snaps them to the beat of the master deck.
- Slip Mode: silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance.
3. NEW Loop Slice added to features triggered by the tactile pads
In addition to the familiar CDJ layout, the XDJ’s platters each feature four tactile pads to add a more physical element to sets. DJs hit the pads to instantly trigger Hot Cues they’ve prepared in rekordbox, or to set Auto Beat Loops.
A new feature for the XDJ-RX is Loop Slice. DJs hit the pads to set a loop length (1, 2, 4 or 8 beat loop), then hit the pads again to slice it up and remix it on-the-fly. Single or continuous playback modes give DJs more control and the option to choose a Loop Slice style to suit any dance music genre.
4. Two USB ports enable DJs to record even while both ports are in use
The XDJ-RX has two USB ports, with Deck 1 enabling playback while Deck 2 allows playback and recording at the same time. So two DJs can perform together and record their set, without sacrificing an input.
5. Performance mixer boasts high-quality Sound Colour FX and Beat FX
The XDJ-RX’s four studio quality Sound Colour FX are inherited directly from the DJM-900NXS and feature a Lo/Hi Pass control for both channels: Noise, Gate/Comp, Crush and Filter. It also features eight of the most popular Beat FX and an improved wet/dry dial for even better control: Delay, Echo, Spiral, Reverb, Flanger, Pitch, Roll and Trans.
6. Driven by rekordbox USB or rekordbox app so no need for a laptop or CDs
The all-in-one XDJ-RX is designed to breathe life into tracks prepared in rekordbox or on the rekordbox app on an iPhone, iPod touch or Android smartphone. DJs simply plug in their rekordbox USB or connect their iOS/Android devicei (wired connection only) to load tracks directly to the XDJ-RX. Preparing tracks in rekordbox gives DJs access to a multitude of performance features including:
- Loops and Cues: pre-set loops and tagged cues in rekordbox can be triggered instantly.
- Beat Countdown: counts DJs down to cues from up to 64 bars away.
- Key Analysis Indicator: a traffic light system in the browser shows which tracks are in a compatible musical key with the master deck.
- Active Loop: an automatic loop at the end of tracks ensures DJs are never caught unprepared again.
7. Can be used as a stand-alone mixer thanks to multiple connections
The XDJ-RX can be connected to additional CDJs or turntables using the switchable Line/Phone input and used as a stand-alone mixer. It also features a LAN port, two MIC inputs, two Master outs and a booth out – making it a versatile solution for any set-up.
8. Other features
- Midi control
- Auto standby
- Will support control via the rekordbox app of features including Needle Search and XY Pad FX from June 2015 (wired connection only)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*