The idea behind the OB1 range was to combine a guitar amp and bass amp into one allowing you to add harmonics and layers of overdrive to a core bass tone without having to take more than one amp out on the road. Combining into one amp also enables you to switch from your clean tone to unhinged heavy tone at the turn of a knob or stomp of a footswitch.
The Orange OB1-300 bass combo is inspired by the OB1 heads released last year.
The OB1-300 Combo houses a new 15” Eminence neodymium speaker in a carefully designed front-ported cabinet, and this configuration is the ideal match for the OB1’s fearsome tonal platform. The two elements combine to offer an immediate attack and a seriously punchy low end, dishing out warm contemporary cleans, grinding vintage grit right up to heavily distorted mayhem . Most importantly, the OB1-300 Combo remains focused at all extremes of its wide-ranging tone controls – perfect for the bedroom, the bar or the big stage.
The OB1 splits the input instrument signal into two separate paths. One side amplifies the clean signal, with all the clarity you would expect from Orange. The other adds stages of gain to the upper harmonics only, controllable via the amp’s Gain knob. These two elements are combined using the amplifier’s Blend control which adjusts the mix between clean and dirty. The Blend control can then be remotely engaged or defeated using the optional footswitch. The Gain and Blend’s range allows for almost anything, from a subtle level boost to cut through the mix, added girth and presence at moderate settings to fatten up chorus passages, to fully saturated savagery at the extremes. However you dial it, the OB1 always maintains the critical low end definition, right the way up to the most offensive settings!
- 1×15 Bass Combo With Footswitchable Gain & Blend Controls, Active 3 Band EQ, Balanced DI & Line Level Output
- Front Panel: Instrument Input with Active/Passive Switch, Gain, Blend, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume, Footswitch Input, Mains Switch.
- Rear Panel: Speaker Out (Speakon), 1/4 Line Out, Balanced Output Ground Lift Switch
- Speaker: 1 X 15 8 OHM Eminence Neodymium
- Speaker Out Options: Minimum Total Load = 4 OHM (1 X 8 OHM Ext Cab)
- Output Power: 300w @ 4 OHM, Class A/B
- Finish: Orange Vinyl, Black Grille Cloth
- Dimensions (W X H X D): 55cm (w) X 68cm (h) X 35cm (d)
- Weight: 29.65kg
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*