The new Orange O Bass is an instant "retro" classic for bassists seeking authentic retro tone and lots of personality from their instruments!
Having spent a lifetime modifying all manner of bass guitars, the O Bass brings together all of his know-how in a unique and truly charismatic instrument.
Aside from its impeccably sleek lines and shapely aesthetics, the O Bass delivers the goods where it really matters. Plugging in reveals a sound with buckets of personality – familiar, yet somehow all of its own. A custom-wound split–coil pickup bears a very distinctive sonic mojo, with a well-balanced bass response and a bold and defined mid-range.
Players with a softer touch will immediately find themselves in Motown territory, with earthy overtones in abundance. Dig in a little more aggressively and the O Bass responds with an infectious harmonic grind that harks back to the birth of rock ‘n’ roll. As Emsley puts it, “It growls like a policeman’s dog!”
The O Bass first made an appearance in an early form as a demonstrator piece at the 2014 winter NAMM show, hidden from public view in the Orange booth. However, having been leaked on a number of videos on the internet, we were inundated with requests to put it into production.
- construction 4 string fretted single cutaway| bolt on
- body okoumé |basswood veneer | a.b.s. binding on tear drop sunburst & off-black versions
- neck maple |dual action truss rod | rosewood fretboard |a.b.s. binding & headstock overlay
- electronics: 1 x custom wound split-coil humbucker | master tone & master volume
- hardware: nickle top-loading 4 saddle bridge & open gear tuners
- included extras: padded orange gigbag with printed orange crest | alternative 3 ply scratch plate (tear drop sunburst/off-black finishes – tortoise shell | orange finish – black)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*