The Moog Werkstatt-01 Analog Synthesizer is a semi-modular Moog analog synthesizer that comes as a kit, assembled by the user (no soldering required), and which is simple, yet capable – and with a fat, all-Moog sound. This is coupled with a TBA CV expansion header which adds convenient conversion of the Werkstatt’s pin-matrix into 3.5mm jack sockets – for interfacing with external audio equipment and other analogue/modular CV synths.
If you ever fancied a Moog, this could be your perfect first Moog analog synth! The Moog Werkstatt is the most affordable Moog synth ever, but sounds Moog through and through - Analogue, patchable semi-modular, fat sounding! A fantastic Moog synth for players of all ages, and of all levels.
The Werkstatt was intended to appeal to all ages, and is perfect as a first synth, and ideal for education/school and electronics teaching, but equally ideal for a hardcore synthesist who intends to patch and sample it, or open and modify it - expanding its capabilities.
The synth is easily modified/expanded via 10 simple guides (and more to come), and community discussion on Moog's new Werkstatt community site.
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
- VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
|Effects||4-pole ladder filter for the classic moog sound|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*