The flanging effect has been popular in rock & pop since the sixties, and still remains a favourite. The new Moog MF Flange is a versatile, 100% analog pedal that sounds warm and delivers a rich variety of different sounds, from lush chorus to Hendrix-style Uni-Vibe vibes, to that classic "jet engine" wide flange.
There is also a fully sweep-able feedback knob, which determines the resonant peak of a sweep, as well as a wide-range Time control that pushes the creation of sound capabilities of this analog effect far beyond the limitations of a traditional flanger.
- Rate: At Minimum position sweeps are gradual and fluid. As rate is increased, the movement becomes tighter and more focused. At maximum position, the modulation sound becomes is rapid and transitions to hard, percussive pulsing.
- Depth: Determines the amount of modulation applied to the delay time. As depth is increased, the sound transitions from light motion and phasing all the way into massive multi-octave sweeps.
- Time: At maximum position you can easily craft traditional or vocal, metallic flange sounds. As the Time control position is reduced, delay time is increased and sounds become thicker and warmer. At Minimum position, the MF Flange is capable of approaching analog chorus.
- Feedback:This control brings focus and resonance to the sweep of a sound. At minimum position, sweeps are smooth and neutral. At medium position, sweeps begin to peak musically. At maximum position, the sound of a sweep becomes rigid and metallic.
- TYPE: The lower position subtracts feedback from the input signal mixer and output dry signal creating a more vocal sound. In the Upper position, feedback is positively summed with the input signal and dry signal, producing a more traditional flanger sound.
- EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT: This input is assigned to the Time control. Use an expression pedal to manually sweep through the delay frequency range of the MF Flange.
- MONO/STEREO SWITCH: To access both outputs (in bypass), you will need to remove the bottom of the MF Chorus and set this switch to Stereo. Then use a ¼” TRS to TS insert cable or TRS to TS splitter.
- WARNING: When set to Stereo and in bypass, excessive loading may occur. To avoid this, set this switch to Mono. A stereo output will still be present.
- True Bypass
- 100% analog wide-range Flange
- Extreme time and phase manipulation possibilities
- Mono or Stereo out
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration
- PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS (Specifications subject to change)
- SIGNAL PATH: 100% Analog
- BYPASS TYPE: True bypass
- POWER: +9VDC
- WEIGHT: 18oz (0.5kg)
- ENCLOSURE: Cast aluminum
- DIMENSIONS: D=5.75” (14.4 cm) W=3.25” (8.3 cm) H=2.25” (5.8 cm)
- DELAY TIME: <0.540mS – 16mS (0.340-20mS with modulation)
- LFO RATE : <.025Hz - >11Hz
- LFO SHAPE: Exponentiated Triangle
- EXPRESSION: Controls Time (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: >1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 1000 Ohm Max
- MAX INPUT LEVEL: +7.5dBμ
- MAX OUTPUT LEVEL: +10dBμ
- CURRENT: 18mA Nominal / 22mA Max
- STEREO OUTPUT MODES:
- TYPE SWITCH UP - Left (Mono) Output = Dry + Wet / Right Output = Dry - Wet
- TYPE SWITCH DOWN - Left (Mono) Output = Dry - Wet / Right Output = Dry + Wet
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*