With Mesa Boogie's heritage firmly cemented in bigger, badder combos and full stack solutions, the D-800 Subway Bass Head is a welcome change from their comfort zone. In the format of a lightweight, portable Class-D head, the D-800 provides bass players with a compact gigging solution and uncompromising power output for the whole night.
Pure 'Boogie' Bloodline!
At only 5.5 lbs., a little over 3 inches tall and 10 inches wide the Subway delivers 800 Watts of power to command any venue from a small club to a large concert stage, yet fits in the pocket of your gig bag!
Built around a combination of signature circuits ranging from our classic tube models like the vintage Bass 400+ and more recent Bass Strategy 8:88, to the mosfet powered accuracy and mid-focused definition of the Big Block 750 and M9 Carbine the new SUBWAY D-800 embodies the best qualities from the entire MESA Bass lineage and unveils a unique new voice all its own.
Tone shaping in the SUBWAY D-800 begins with the Front Panel INPUT section, which is comprised of the INPUT jack and two switches; a MUTE and an ACTIVE/PASSIVE switch for tailoring the input headroom to your instrument. The MUTE switch silences the signal from the INPUT jack to the SPEAKER output, HEADPHONE output and DI output for silent tuning. Convenient Indicator LEDs are provided on the right side of the Front Panel for all switched functions.
VOICE CONTROL on the SUBWAY D-800 is a continuously variable rendering that allows fine-tuning of your sound from a more “flat” response to a radically scooped midrange sound with the lows and highs boosted.
- Made in Petaluma, CA USA with the World's Finest Materials
- Class D Power with 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch for optimum Power to Load Performance
- 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms (400 @ 8)
- Active/Passive Input Switch
- Play/Mute Switch
- Preamplifier features: Input Gain with Clip Indicator (O/D LED), Variable Voicing (Flat to Vintage Scoop), Fully Active 4-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid, Treble) plus Deep Switch (for enhanced low-end) and Master Volume
- Balanced XLR Line Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Headphone Output
- Auxiliary Input
- Protection & Limit LED Indicators
- 2 Speakon Speaker Output Jacks
- Fan Cooled
- Gig Bag w/Strap
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*