The Martin J-40 utilises a unique Jumbo / Grand Performance body shape that ideally suits players that want the big, bold volume of a dreadnought, but a more performance-focused, tight-waisted body that offers superior comfort for long playing sessions.
Solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides combine with a Sitka Spruce top, one of CF Martin's favoured tonewood combos, offer plenty of spring and sustain with rich harmonic depth for both fingerpicking and strummed styles with a scalloped bracing for added projection and volume.
Other exquisite design features include an abalone pearl rosette, bound ebony fingerboard, abalone hexagon position markers, a bound headstock with Style 45 'C.F. Martin' abalone pearl letters, and gold enclosed tuning machines.
- Body Shape Jumbo 14-Fret
- Body Style No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Color Natural
- Finish Gloss
- Top Wood Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Wood East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing Standard X scalloped, Forward shifted
- Binding White/black/white
- Neck Wood Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape Low profile
- Fingerboard Material Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Reduced hexagon
- Number of Frets 20
- Scale Length 25.4"
- Tuning Machines Gold with large buttons
- Bridge Material Solid Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.6875"
- Body Length 20.125"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4.875"
- Overall Length 40.625"
- Strings Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Case Included Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*