The Martin D-42 acoustic is an incredible rendition of the original pre-war era Martin Acoustics, with their legacy cemented through the ages since the early 1900's.
Vintage Martin Dreadnought with elegant aesthetic touches
Featuring solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a Sitka spruce top, the D-42 is enhanced with vintage appointments found on many Martin pre-war classic guitars. Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted body bracing offers a supreme tonal balance unparalleled on cheaper dreadnought wannabes.
A classic dreadnought body with trademark solid woods delivers an impressive bass response balanced with articulate highs, making the D-42 a fine choice for the discerning professional player or collector.
- Body Shape Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Body Style No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Colour Natural
- Finish Polished Gloss
- Top Wood Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing Forward Shifted Standard X Scalloped, 5/16" Solid Sitka Spruce
- Binding Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Wood Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape Low Profile
- Fingerboard Material Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone Pearl
- Number of Frets 20 (total), 14 (clear)
- Scale Length 25.4"
- Tuning Machines Gold Enclosed with Large Buttons
- Bridge Material Solid Black Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material Bone/16" Radius Compensated Bone
- Nut Width 1.6875"
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 15.625"
- Body Depth 4.875"
- Overall Length 40.5"
- Strings Martin SP
- Case Included Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*