Still played by guitar legends like Joan Baez and Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson, the Martin '0' series are one of the smallest and most playable guitars in the Parlor lineup.
Rich depth of tone, beautiful appointments, and a comfortable body style
The Martin 0-28 Vintage Series design originates via the prewar Concert-sized acoustics, with East Indian rosewood sides and back, fine Sitka spruce top, which harkens back to the period 1870s to the early 1930s twelve-fret slothead with the herringbone top trim.
The '0' sized body is one of the smallest that C.F Martin have to offer, with a tight, projected tone with crisp high end detail. Perfect for players and collectors that want an authentic piece of acoustic music history in their possession!
- Model: 0-28VS
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 0-12 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Slotted/Square Slots/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # Of Frets Clear: 12
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-7/8''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-5/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Pyramid with Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Side Mounts with Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (MSP4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Case: 515 Geib Style
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*