The new Korg Electribe EMX2 comes in a brand-new metallic blue finish – a nod to the legacy of electribe. This is an affordable and very powerful production machine with a variety of analog modeling sound engines, for an authentic "phat" synth sounds! Order yours today from PMT Online.
The electribe is a synthesizer-based production machine that turns inspiration into sound at maximum speed. It contains numerous analog oscillators and a wide variety of filters. Whether you're selecting sounds or editing them, all operations are performed simply by using the top panel knobs. In addition, a variety of input interfaces optimized for inputting rhythm, bass, or melody allow you to smoothly create sequences as fast as you can think.
The sequences that you create can then undergo additional evolution on stage or in your laptop. You can enjoy intuitive live performances that link various devices with the electribe, or utilize this capability for full-fledged music production by exporting sequence data to Ableton Live for detailed editing and final mixing.
The fastest and most intuitive way to make beats.
The latest system version 2 adds a much-requested pattern chain function that will be a great asset for live performances or music production. The lineup has also become more colorful with the new metallic blue model. And we've also provided bonus patterns that reveal even greater sonic potential.
Making your beat-making ideas rapidly take shape. It's the electribe; a synthesizer + sequencer that's thoroughly optimized for speed.
Following the chic gray unit, the lineup has been joined by a metallic blue model that's reminiscent of the previous model, the ELECTRIBE MX. Complemented by the numerous colorfully illuminated LEDs, this unit will energize your playing.
Many new functions added via system update
Updates make the electribe evolve daily. System version 2 adds support for the much-requested pattern chain function and undo function, as well as support for original value display. Users who already own an electribe can update their unit and then enjoy playing.
Download over 200 bonus patterns
Electribe artists, sound designers, and beat makers from around the world have created bonus pattern data packed with new sounds, phrases, and sequences. These 203 different patterns include synthesizer sounds, drum kits, and ideas that work with a variety of musical styles. They are provided as reference materials for your beat-making or as foundations to give you new inspiration.
A powerful and expansive analog modeling + PCM sound engines
The sound engine of the electribe provides 55 types of analog modeling oscillator, giving you a high degree of flexibility to quickly create sounds. You can choose from simple waveforms such as Saw, Pulse, Triangle, and Sine, or more complex varieties such as Sync, Ring Mod, Cross Mod, and VPM. Parameters have been carefully selected to allow maximum effect with minimum editing. This means that you simply need to select an oscillator and turn the knobs to create sinuous bass lines, gigantic poly synth sounds, warm pads, or an infinite variety of any other synth sounds you want.
Also provided are PCM oscillators ideal for creating sequences, including 257 Drum/Perc sounds indispensable for beat-making, 44 instrument-type sounds such as Piano, Organ, Brass, and Guitar, and 52 types of voice and sound-effect sounds.
The much-requested polyphonic performance support now makes it easier to create styles such as house music, where chord-work is important.
Numerous filter types to further shape your sound
Filters are at the center of synthesizer sound design, dramatically transforming the sound generated by the oscillator. In addition to the electribe filter newly developed for the electribe, there are a total of 16 filter algorithms such as MS-20, MG, P5, OB, and Acid, simulating the filters of classic synthesizers. By selecting one of these filter types and adjusting the cutoff and resonance, you can make powerful sounds with great creative freedom.
Modulation section for quick access to dramatic sound-shaping parameters
The modulation that's so important for sonic creativity is designed to be easy for anyone to control. Modulation sources such as EG and LFO are available paired with a modulation target such as Filter Cutoff and Oscillator Pitch; simply choose from 72 modulation types and then adjust the speed and depth to apply the type of modulation that you want.
A wide selection of insert effects add the final touch to parts and patterns
A total of 32 insert effects are provided, including compressor, overdrive, and EQ. Effects can be specified individually for all parts, letting you have uncompromising control over the nuances of your sound.
Control your sequences in real time with absolute freedom
Sequences that you've created on the electribe will shine even more on stage when you use the various functions provided for this purpose.
For example by using, the step jump function that lets you jump instantly to the step you press, you can create dynamic performances as though you were performing the sequence itself.
The electribe also lets you freely use the trigger pads and touch pad to add sounds during your live performance. Thanks to the scale/key settings, you'll never play a wrong note.
The sequences that you create can be played not only on stage, but are also fun to tweak in real time. The dynamic character of such changes makes this one of the electribe's great pleasures
X/Y pad offers real-time effects performance
You can use the touch pad to freely control the master effect just as on the Kaoss Pad. You can use spatial-type effects to add overall resonance, or use "Looper" to easily create the texture of your sequence, or even use effects such as "Seq Reverse" or "Odd Stepper" to aggressively transform the music. This is also enormously effective in a live performance.
Sync, MIDI, and Audio In jacks for integration into any setup
Since there's a sync jack for easy connection to KORG's groove machines, you can connect the electribe to your electribe sampler, volca series unit, or SQ-1 for playback sessions that are synchronized with your sequencer.
MIDI connectors are also provided for inter-operation with your DAW. By adding the electribe's performance to your laptop-based stage setup, you can take advantage of even greater performance possibilities.
The electribe is also equipped with an audio in jack. By connecting an external device and selecting the "Audio In" oscillator, you can use the filter or effect to process the external audio input, or energize your performance by using the step sequencer to turn the output on/off.
In the past, machine-centric live setups required numerous synthesizers, samplers, and sequencers. Today, the electribe can function in a variety of roles, either as the master device at the center of such a setup, or as a slave device that adds sparkle to the performance. Experiment with connecting different instruments to create your very own live setup.
Add the finishing touches to the sequences you've entered
Inter-operation with Ableton Live for a new production workflow: Using your software, you can take the numerous beats that you've come up with and assemble them into a finished product. KORG has partnered with the German company Ableton to provide a new music production workflow that uses both hardware and software.
In addition to the conventional audio export, the electribe has a function for exporting to "Ableton Live" DAW software. When the dedicated project file that's exported is loaded into Ableton Live, an independent audio file for each part is placed in each track of Live, allowing you to edit each phrase using loop, mute, or chop, and then mix the result. After the music you envision has taken shape as a sequence with the rapidity that's possible only with hardware, you can then use your software to edit the material in detail. This is the new workflow with the electribe.
Since the electribe comes with a license card that lets you download "Ableton Live Lite" at no charge, you can experience this new workflow right away.
Event recorder captures your performances as you play them
All playing gestures on the electribe, including trigger pads and touch pad operations, can be recorded by the event recorder function. The recorded performance is saved in the electribe's own format, and can be played back immediately on the electribe, reproducing the realtime operations of your live performance.
Korg Electribe EMX2 (Blue) Specifications
- Sound System Type Analog modeling sound engine + PCM sound engine Maximum Polyphony 24 voices
- The polyphony of the entire pattern varies depending on the Oscillator, Filter, and Insert Fx type.
- Independent parameters for each voice have been simplified; four voices share the parameters of one conventional voice. Oscillator Type (409), Pitch/Glide, Edit
- Oscillator Types Kick (56), Snare (58), Clap (16), HiHat (42), Cymbal (14), Tom (16), Percussion (55), Voice (16), Synth FX (18), Synth Hit (18), Inst Hit (16), Synth (55), Instrument (28), Audio In (1) Filter Filter (Cutoff), Resonance, EG Int, LPF/HPF/BPF (16) Modulation Type (72), Depth, Speed Amp/Envelope Generator Level, Pan, Attack, Decay/Release, Amp EG On/Off Scale Types 35 Gate Arpeggiator Types 50 Sampling Frequency 48 kHz AD/DA Conversion 24 bit Effect Insert Effect One unit (can be used on each of the 16 parts)
- Type (38), Edit, Insert FX On/Off Master Effect One unit
- Type (32), Touch Pad, Master FX On/Off, Master FX Hold On/Off Sequencer Number of Steps 16 steps x 4 Number of Parts 16 parts (one part consists of a sound, steps, insert effect, modulation sequence, etc)
- Number of Patterns 250 patterns (200 Presets / 50 Initial) (one pattern consists of parts, master effect, key, scale setting, etc)
- Motion Sequences Up to 24 motion sequences can be stored (for each pattern)
- Groove Types 25 Pattern Set Up to 64 patterns can be stored
- Pattern Chain Up to 250 patterns can be chained Export Ableton Live project file format, WAV file format (48 kHz, 16 bit)
- Event Recording Up to 100 files can be saved
- Trigger Pads: Number of Pads 16 pads (Velocity sensitive) / Modes: Trigger, Sequencer, Keyboard, Chord, Step Jump, Pattern Set
- Touch Pad Modes Gate Arp, Touch Scale, Master FX
- Connectors: Audio L/Mono, R Output (Standard phone jack) / Headphones (Stereo mini jack)/ Audio Input (Stereo mini jack) MIDI In, Out (Use an included MIDI adapter cable) USB Type micro B / Sync In, Out (Stereo mini jack)
- External Storage Device SD Card (512 MB -- 2 GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32 GB)
- Power Supply AC adapter (DC 9V) or AA battery x 6 (Alkaline battery or Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Battery Life Approximately 5 hours (Power Saving: ON, with Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Included Items AC adapter (DC9V), MIDI adapter cable x 2, Ableton Live 9 lite (License card included) Accessories Sync Cables SQ-CABLE-6 Gig Bag DJ-GB-1
|Power Supply||ac adapter (dc9v) included|
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Synthesis Type||analog modeling sound engine + pcm sound engine|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*