The 1962 Gretsch Country Gentleman is a guitar initially made famous by George Harrison which later found further fame with country legend Chet Atkins. There are certain guitar builder who get the early models so perfect that they have barely progressed to this day. Gretsch is certainly one of those companies who shine is expert craftsmanship, stunning design and player versatility.
A guitar to tribute one of the greatest country influences of all time, Chet Atkins.
A pair of TV Jones Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U" shaped maple neck bears a "12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F Holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top with simulated F Holes, gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Body Shape - Country Gentleman
- Bracing - Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Binding - Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Material - Laminated Maple
- Body Finish - Gloss Urethane
- Body Back - Laminated Maple
- Body Top - Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Neck Material - Maple
- Neck Shape - Standard "U"
- Neck Binding - Aged White
- Scale Length - 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius - 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Vintage-Style
- String Nut - Bone
- Nut Width - 1.6875" (43mm)
- Neck Plate - NA
- Neck Finish - Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard - Ebony
- Position Inlays - Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
- Bridge Pickup - TV Jones Classic
- Neck Pickup - TV Jones Classic
- Controls - Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Pickup Configuration - Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- Bridge - Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines - Gover Imperial Gold
- Orientation - Right-Hand
- Pickguard - Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs - "G" Arrow
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*