Taking the timeless qualities of the J-15 and adding the LR Baggs Element pickup delivers an acoustic guitar that has outstanding sound quality, transmitted perfectly at home, on stage or in the studio.
Using Walnut offers a warmer, richer tonal character, while traditional hand construction ensures the highest standards throughout.
The unique wood combination of North American Sitka Spruce and Walnut give the Gibson J-15 a unique sonic character, enhanced by an X-Braced top that improves volume and projection. The body is finished with a hand-sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, which allows these sustainable tonewoods to develop and mature over time.
The J-15 body shape mirrors that of the iconic J-45 'Workhorse', with characteristic square shoulders atop a vintage dreadnought body shape. Its natural acoustic voice is thick and resonant, with plenty of low end projection. A L.R Baggs electronic pickup system reliably carries your tone to your amp or PA, perfect for the big stage or more intimate settings.
Hand-crafted in Montana, USA, using a traditional dovetail neck-to-body joint, secured with hide glue, the J-15 highlights Gibson's trademark attention to detail with this top quality instrument. Comes with a plush-lined hardshell case to help protect your investment long-term.
- Body Type: J-45 Series
- Body Top: Sitka Spruce
- Body Back and Sides: Walnut
- Body Binding: Multi-ply Top, Single Ply Back, Abalone Rosette
- Body Bracing: Gibson Standard X-Braced Top
- Headstock Type: Traditional AJ
- Headstock Angle: 17 Degrees
- Headstock Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Neck Species: Maple
- Neck Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Neck Truss Rod: Single Action
- Pickup Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element
- Neck Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Neck Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Neck Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Tuners Model: Mini Grover
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Tuner Tuning Ratio: 14:1
- Finish: Antique Natural
- Lacquer: Nitrocellulose
- Finish Process: Natural Cure Textured High Gloss
- Fingerboard Species: Walnut
- Fingerboard Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Fingerboard Inlays: 1/4" Mother of Pearl Dots
- Fingerboard Adhesive: Wood Glue
- Bridge Type: Traditional Rectangle
- Bridge Material: Walnut
- Pickguard: Teardrop Tortoise
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack
- Strings: Gibson Light Guage .012" - .053"
- Accessories: Owners Manual
- Case: Gibson Standard Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Blue Fabric
|Case Included||hard case|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
February 4, 2015Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*