Great semi-acoustic guitar with a comfortable, smaller and lightweight hollow body. Great for jazz, blues or rock, this versatile guitar is a true keeper - a joy to play, and capable of a wide range of tones. A modern semi-acoustic with a foot in Gibson's illustrious past.
The wood and construction of the ES-390 all contribute greatly to the tone, aiding this guitar’s exceptional sustain and depth, and yielding a resonance that can be felt right through the body. The sound waves resonate within the hollow airspace of the Maple veneered Body, around the F-holes, and throughout the solid glue joints.
The ES-390 from Gibson Memphis blends the characteristics of two favorite models—old and new—in a superbly playable guitar with entirely its own voice and vibe.
This ingenious redesign follows the form of the seminal ES-330, a fully hollow archtop electric with a thinline body depth like that of the semi-acoustic ES-335. But it’s different from either, the ES-390 takes the cleverly compacted dimensions of the popular ES-339, making it a more comfortable playing proposition for those used to having smaller-proportioned solid bodies in their hands.
It might be a size conceived in the 21st century, but the ES-390 hangs with the best of vintage Gibson semis for construction and components. The traditional ES body made from laminated maple top, back and sides is jointed to a glued-in neck made from quarter-sawn mahogany with a one-piece rosewood fingerboard sporting small-block inlays.
Newly redesigned MHS (Memphis Historic Spec) P-90 pickups, created from intensive examination of the finest original vintage units, nail those beloved hot, thick, raunchy tones with impressive sparkle and clarity. To cap a sweet build from the skilled luthiers at Gibson Memphis, the ES-390 is finished in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer in a luscious Dark Burst reminiscent of the finest vintage archtops, with vintage colored binding.
- Body Type: Single Chamber, Fully Hollow
- Top: 3-ply Figured Maple/Basswood/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Back: 3-ply Maple/Basswood/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Body Binding: Cream ABS
- Neck: Mahogany Neck with Maple Spline
- Truss Rod: Traditional
- Joint Angle: 4° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Neck Joint: Mortise and Tenon
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Binding: Cream
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pearloid Small Block
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.675" / 2.035"
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.675"
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Headstock Logo: Mother of Pearl 'Gibson'
- Headstock Inlay: Mother of Pearl
- Tuners: Kluson Single Ring with Tulip Buttons
- Tuning Ratio: 15:1
- Bridge: Tone Pro AVR-2 Locking Bridge
- Tailpiece: Trapeze Style
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Pickguard: Black Reissue with 5-ply Binding
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum End Pins
- Neck Pickup: MHS P-90 (Memphis Historic Spec)
- Bridge Pickup: MHS P-90 (Memphis Historic Spec)
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Ceramic
- Switch: Three-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck with maple spline|
|Pickup Config||2x p-90|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||es style|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
|Body Material||maple body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*