The Gibson 1959 ES-175DN 2015, Vintage Burst is a great vintage-style guitar - perfect for jazz, blues and rock'n'roll.
Vintage Looks and Warm, Versatile Archtop-Electric ToneThe original ES-175 is one of Gibson's early, classic hollow body designs, first released in 1949 and establishing itself as one of the most legendary jazz guitars in history. The 2015 incarnation is an accurate reproduction of the ES-175 that set the standard, with dual PAF-style pickups, rounded 'C' playing feel, authentic archtop tones, and vintage-correct '59 looks.
The wood, construction, and headstock pitch all contribute greatly to the tone, aiding this guitar's exceptional sustain and depth, and yielding a resonance that can be felt right through the body. The sound waves resonate within the hollow airspace of the Maple veneered Body, around the F-holes, and throughout the solid glue joints.
- Body: 3-Ply Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Neck: 1-piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Soft C
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Headstock Logo: Mother of Pearl “Gibson” with Crown
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Split Parallellogram Inlays
- Nut: Nylon
- Tuners: Kluson Single Ring Tulip Button
- Finish: Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer - Finished in V.O.S.
- Rhythm Pickup: MHS Humbucker
- Lead Pickup: MHS Humbucker
- Potentiometers: CTS 500K Linear Volume, CTS 500K Audio Tone
- Capacitors: Bumblebee .022mfd/200v Lead and Rhythm
- Bridge: Compensated Top with Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Zig-Zag Style
- Case: Period Correct Hardshell, Tan and Pink
|Case Included||hard case|
|Scale Length||24,75" (62,87 cm)|
|Neck Wood||1-piece mahogany|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||es style|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*