The Hummingbird was first released in 1960 and marked Gibson’s first ever square-shouldered dreadnought guitar. To this day, the Hummingbird remains one of Gibson’s best-selling models. A Heritage in Premier Guitar Building;
Featuring Mahogany back and sides, a Solid-Sitka Spruce top and one-piece Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard, the Gibson Hummingbird follows the same recipe as its 1960's predecessors.
The Gibson Hummingbird is a non-compromise musicians tool suited for any situation. It's impressive premier tone woods, build quality, sound and playability allow it to be heard in almost any situation. A hand sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer, multi-ply binding and split-parallelogram inlays really add up towards that unmistakeable Gibson feel,Keep Your New Guitar Safe;
Something Gibson owners always look forward to whether it be their first Gibson or fifth is the outstanding case offered with these guitars. You can usually spot a Gibson a mile off just by the case alone. It says "Hey! I'm a Gibson player."
The case supplied with your Hummingbird is constructed from solid wood and finished with a super tough black vinyl covering for stylish looks and added protection. The interior is finished with a gorgeous plush blue lining to ensure your shiny new guitar won’t get a scratch.
Body and Finish
This big-bodied, square-shouldered dreadnought is built from the classic tone wood combination of Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides. All solid woods with a tonally advantageous advanced X-brace made of scalloped spruce braces supporting the top. All this, and a hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer finish in vintage sunburst, help the Hummingbird Pro echo the great Gibson flat-tops of 50 years ago.
The Hummingbird Pro carries the classic hardware accompaniment seen of several legendary Gibson flat-tops. A “belly-up” Indian rosewood bridge and bone saddle keep it all tonally true at the business end, while Grover Rotomatic tuners, a common upgrade of the ’60s combine a timeless look with outstanding tuning efficiency.Neck and Headstock
The guitar’s neck and headstock are made in the classic tradition of the original 1960 Hummingbird Pro, with the 25 1/2” scale length that many players prefer in a large-bodied flat-top. Carved from a single piece of quarter-sawn mahogany, and topped with a rosewood fingerboard, the design incorporates Gibson’s lauded 17-degree back-angled headstock, which contributes greatly to the instrument’s resonance and sustain.
The Hummingbird Pro and Hummingbird Pro EC is protected by a Gibson hard-shell case with blue plush lining. Each guitar comes with a Gibson Acoustic owner’s manual and a Gibson Gold Warranty.
- Top Wood - Solid Engelmann Spruce (Black Gloss)
- Back Wood - Solid Mahogany (Black Gloss)
- Side Wood - Solid Mahogany (Black Gloss)
- Binding - Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material - Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern - Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette - 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck - Mahogany (Black)
- Neck Finish - Gloss Black
- Neck Joint - Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard - Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius - 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays - Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head - Grover Rotomatic Chrome
- Trussrod - 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle - TUSQ / Shadow Hex Saddle System
- Nut Width - Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge - Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins - Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type - Gloss Black Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup - Shadow L4020HEX Stero Preamp / Shadow Nanoflex 6 Pickup
- Hardcase -Included
- Upper bout - 290mm
- Lower bout - 392mm
- Depth at neck - 105mm
- Depth at base - 120mm
- Body Length - 505mm
- Soundhole Diameter - 100mm
- Scale Length - 650mm
- Fingerboard Radius - 16 inch
|Case Included||hard case|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*