This new Gibson Les paul Goldtop faithfully re-creates the tone and look of the original 1957 model, down to authentic PAF humbucker tone and much more! The last of the original Goldtops re-created like never before thanks to 2015's True Historic specs, with exacting appointments and materials, period-correct construction, and luscious PAF-style pickups.
Based on lab analysis of original Gibson plastics from the 1950's, the plastics on the True Historics including the Toggle Washer, Cream Jackplate, Cream Pickguard, Pickup Mounting Rings and Toggleswitch Cap, have been reformulated and re-engineered to the original specifications of their vintage counterparts.
Engineered and manufactured to capture every angle and nuance of original vintage pickup covers.
To recapture the top carve profile of original Vintage Gibson Les Pauls, all True Historic Les Pauls are double carved by CNC, with the final shape of their dish carve achieved through a hand-sanding process.
New for 2015, the True Historic range represents fanatic new levels of detail accuracy, employing new processes, new materials, and new skills to give you an entirely authentic ownership experience, placing the beauty, feel, and tone of an original 1950s Gibson in your hands. Produced in very limited numbers, the True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop employs appointments reproduced with molecular-level analysis of original vintage plastics, a double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding and more to deliver an obsessively detailed recreation of an original '57 Goldtop. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing.
- Double-Carved Neck: The necks on all True Historic guitars are double-carved and then hand sanded to achieve that legendary vintage Gibson neck profile; the "beefy", solid feel of a beautifully hand-crafted Les Paul that rests in the player's hand like no other guitar.
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Hand-sanded peghead, neck and body edges beautifully capture the look and feel of a true vintage Les Paul.
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: While you can't see it on a finished Les Paul, original 50's guitars from Gibson had a thinner peghead veneer. In 2015, all True Historic guitars feature this thoughtful detail in their mission to be as close to an original as possible.
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: All True Historic guitars from Gibson Custom are sprayed with thinner finishes, as were the original 1950's guitars, and are now had wet-sanded for beauty and authenticity.
- Hide Glue Top Construction: Along with all hide glue neck construction, Gibson Custom extends the use of hide glue to join the back and top of every True Historic guitar, just as it was done in the 1950's.
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: One of the most magical aspects of an original 50's Les Paul is its smooth, natural feel. We hand-file the fingerboard binding on every True Historic Les Paul to capture that feel precisely.
New in 2015
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*