Vintage-Precise Looks, Feel and Tone Like Only a True Historic Can Achieve.
New 2015 True Historic Series uses molecular-level analysis for unprecedented vintage accuracy, with hot hide glue construction, correct carving techniques, and stunningly authentic appointments.
Since the inception of the Historic Range in 1993 Gibson Custom has constantly improved its achievements in matching our reissues to genuine vintage guitars. New for 2015, the True Historic range represents the culmination of all past experience and a further re-dedication to truly fanatic levels of accuracy. Extreme measures such as a double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1956 Les Paul Goldtops offered. Add a pair of superbly authentic P-90 pickups, and you simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing.
All True Historic guitars from Gibson Custom are sprayed with thinner finishes, as were the original 1950's guitars, and are now had wet-sanded for beauty and authenticity. Along with all hide glue neck construction, Gibson Custom extends the use of hide glue to join the back and top of every True Historic guitar, just as it was done in the 1950's.
New 2015 Features:
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2x p-90|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*