The Gibson CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS (Sunrise Tea Burst) brings back the the Essence of the Iconic '59 Burst! This is the next best thing if you can't afford a real Gibson 1959 Les Paul Standard.
Custom Bucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone, and Mahogany neck with early '50s profile gives you a period-correct feel.
The most desirable Les Paul ever, re-created for player and collector alike, with '59-spec neck, accurate PAF-style pickups, period-correct appointments, and gently faded Burst looks. This is a guitar worth of rock gods - try one and you'll feel like Jimmy Page, Cream-Era Clapton and Peter Green... this baby truly sings!
The Gibson Custom CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS solidbody electric guitar gives you the opportunity to own a classic-style '59 Les Paul without going broke. Not just a modern guitar sporting a vintage name, the CS9 Les Paul embodies all the vintage goodness collectors love. This re-creation features a non-weight-relieved mahogany body, classic hardware, a gently faded burst finish, a hide-glued neck and fretboard, a hand-carved maple top, vintage truss rod and tuner designs, and more. Add the Holy Grail of Les Pauls to your collection with the Gibson Custom CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS guitar!
- Bumble capacitors, historic spec wiring and vintage reissue components throughout assure 50's inspired tone.
- Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece
- Made to original 50's specifications for lighter weight and vintage tone and sustain.
- Custombucker Pickups
- Custom wound to capture authentic chime, pluck and growl of a true Gibson Les Paul.
- Nitro-Cellulose Finish
- Hand-applied, non-plasticized lacquer is made to live and breath with the player and develop a personality as unique as its owner.
- One Piece Solid Mahogany Body
- Each body is hand selected for lightweight and quality by Gibson Custom.
- Solid Indian Rosewood Fretboard
- Single layer, solid rosewood insures an ideal playing surface for 50's inspired playability.
New in 2015
- VOS Appointments: Vintage Tone, Looks, and Feel Throughout
- Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece: Lighter Weight, Vintage Tone
- Custombucker Pickups: 50's Style Tone
- Nitro-Cellulose Finish: Made to Age Gracefully
- One Piece Solid Mahogany Body: Premium Quality and Weight
- Solid Indian Rosewood Fretboard: Finest Quality and Performance
Gibson Custom's guitars are brimming with spot-on authenticity and massive vintage vibe. If you want a guitar that has all the classic tone and vibe of an original, then you'll truly appreciate the Gibson Custom CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS electric guitar. The neck and fretboard are attached using hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue. Gibson Custom Shop also uses an original-spec truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor. Kluson Green Key tuners feature proper vintage profile, color, and performance specifications. Take it from the guitar experts at Sweetwater - these features and others make the Gibson Custom CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS one of the most accurate reproductions ever.
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to the CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS's electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and Bumblebee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path is designed to give you absolutely dead-on '59 Les Paul tone. Of course, it's next to impossible to find genuine '50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the Custom CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS sports a pair of Gibson's Custom Bucker humbuckers. The Custom Bucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. You just won't find another Les Paul that comes as close to the original look, sound, and feel of a '59 Les Paul!
When early Les Pauls are discussed (and they are at great length), a big issue is always the neck profile. The earliest Les Pauls had big, fat necks made of mahogany. The neck was slimmed down a bit in 1959, and it finally evolved into what's known today as the SlimTaper neck in 1960. Some players love those huge old necks while others prefer the SlimTaper design. This CS9 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS has a bound mahogany neck with long neck tenon and the original chunky '50s rounded neck profile, which is historically accurate. Take it from the guitar experts at Sweetwater - the long neck tenon and larger neck profile deliver increased tone and sustain compared to other guitars. The rosewood fingerboard has acrylic trapezoid inlays that are both accurate in shape and color. Nickel-plated hardware and vintage tulip tuners complete the package.
- Body Type Solidbody
- Body Shape Les Paul
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Number of Strings 6
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top Material Figured Maple
- Body Finish Nitrocellulose
- Color Sunrise Tea Burst
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape 50's Profile LP
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Trapezoids
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Width 1.687"
- Bridge/Tailpiece ABR With Thumbwheels/Reissue Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuners Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Keys, Single Band
- Number of Pickups 2
- Neck Pickup Custom Bucker
- Bridge Pickup Custom Bucker
- Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Strings .010P, .013P, .017P, .026W, .036W, .046W
- Case Included Hardshell
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*