There is a lot to be said for any guitar with the VOS stamp from Gibson's master Custom Shop luthiers. Vintage Original Spec represents the faithful reproduction of classic Gibson models from the late 50s and 60s, available in a range of different 'burst finishes. The CS8 is a '50s Style Les Paul Standard in Washed Cherry!
Delivering the full vibe and feel of the first Washed Cherry Les Paul, with '50s spec neck, Historic truss rod and Alnico III Custom Buckers
The historic specifications that Gibson's iconic Les Paul was founded upon starts with a one-piece, hand selected solid mahogany body, finished with a hand-applied lacquer for incredible sustain and aesthetic appeal. As a result, this guitar lives and breathes over time with it's owner, and just sounds fantastic.
When you drill down into the details, this Les Paul utilises vintage components synonymous with the guitars of that era, including Bumble capacitors with historic spec wiring. The Custombucker Alnico III pickups are custom wound to capture the exact same chime, pluck and growl of an original 50's Les Paul. Rest assured that this faithful re-issue sounds exactly like an original PAF bucker.
Additional appointments include a lightweight aluminium tailpiece, solid Indian Rosewood fretboard and a bound mahogany neck. The long neck tenon really adds to the tonal clarity and sustain of the CS8 Les Paul, while the original chunky '50s rounded neck profile is historically accurate to the era.
- Bumble capacitors, historic spec wiring and vintage reissue components throughout assure 50's inspired tone.
- Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece
- Made to original 50's specifications for lighter weight and vintage tone and sustain.
- Custombucker Pickups
- Custom wound to capture authentic chime, pluck and growl of a true Gibson Les Paul.
- Nitro-Cellulose Finish
- Hand-applied, non-plasticized lacquer is made to live and breath with the player and develop a personality as unique as its owner.
- One Piece Solid Mahogany Body
- Each body is hand selected for lightweight and quality by Gibson Custom.
- Solid Indian Rosewood Fretboard
- Single layer, solid rosewood insures an ideal playing surface for 50's inspired playability.
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*