The Gibson Advanced Jumbo is one of the most legendary of early Gibson acoustics. When originally introduced the Advanced Jumbo was one of Gibson's largest flat-top guitars. The Gibson catalog proclaimed "You have never heard a guitar like this! …a bass so deep and full that it can be felt as well as heard."
Original Advanced Jumbos are rare and precious beasts today – only 300 pieces were produced in the late '30s. Gibson records show a mere two guitars shipped in the last year of production.
Since the mid 1930’s, the Gibson Advanced Jumbo, with its unique combination of tone woods, long scale neck, and wider X-bracing, has been set a new standard in the realm of acoustic guitars. The new Wildwood 12-Fret AJ takes this concept to a whole new dimension. With all of the warmth and drive of the original AJ, the 12-fret version adds the concept of shifting the bridge to the top's “sweet spot," thus allowing for superior top movement, midrange push, and tonal response.
- Finish Color: Vintage Sunburst
- Finish Type: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood: Adirondack Red Spruce
- Bracing: Advanced Bracing
- Back & Sides Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 12th fret
- Neck Dimensions: .800 1st - .860 9th
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Binding: Single-ply top and back, multi-ply double-ring rosette
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Lyric
- Tuners: Open Back Tuners
- Bridge: Belly up rosewood with Tusq saddle
- Saddle: Bone
- Pickguard: Traditional firestripe
- Case: Black Hardshell Case
- COA: Yes
|Neck Wood||1-piece mahogany|
|Pickup Config||1x lr baggs|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*