Bearing a striking resemblance to the 1942 Gibson J-45, this iconic 'workhorse' has stood the test of time. Undergoing modest tweaks to its design over the years, including a comfortable cutaway on this model, the J-45 still feels and sounds 'vintage', yet remains versatile enough for modern playing techniques and adapts well to a wide range of playing styles.
The quintessential Gibson Acoustic.
Without compromising the big, bold jumbo dreadnought tone of the original sloped-shoulder J45, the Cutaway edition offers great upper fret access for more intricate melodic work. The body is constructed with a premium AA Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany Back & Side combo - sounds great, as it always has. The latest 2017 production run features some of Gibson's most cutting-edge techniques, including a rolled-edge fingerboard, radiused top bracing, tapered dovetail neck joint and genuine mother-of-pear inlays.
The Gibson J-45 comes equipped with an LR Baggs VTC electronic pickup system to convery every nuance of your playing. Responsive, detailed and transparent. Everything you need for live performance and studio recording.
- Body Style: J-45 Cutaway
- Wood: Sitka spruce top, mahogany back & sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back, multi ply single-ring rosette
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: Mahogany, slim taper profile with 1.725” black nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 12” radius rosewood, mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Scale: Short
- Bridge: Rosewood, belly up, Tusq saddle
- Pickguard: 0.60’’ Tear Drop
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatics, Nickel
- Strings: Light gauge .012 - .053
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Case: Hardshell Case
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*