Why did it take this long? It just seems like such an obvious and perfect idea - The SGS3 takes the timeless elegance of the “Black Beauty” and applies it to the iconic SG body style to create a stunning homage to this early-’60s rocker. This is a fantastic guitar is perfect for anyone who loves the gold & black combination that made the Les Paul Black Beauty such an iconic instrument.
The classic SG body is crafted from solid mahogany, with asymmetrical pointed horns and a beveled edge for comfort, and looks absolutely killer in Ebony nitro with 5-ply black pickguard and black Top-Hat knobs.
Gold-plated hardware—including a vintage-style Sideways Vibrola updated for improved performance—completes the Custom look, while three of Gibson’s popular ’57 Classic humbuckers ensure unparalleled tone. The glued-in mahogany neck has a SlimTaper profile for that fast, slick playing feel that rockers have come to know and love, with a bound one-piece rosewood fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays. Protect it in a Vintage Brown hardshell case from gig to gig, and you’re ready to rock out in grand style.
- Pickups: two ’57 classic humbuckers in the neck and middle position, with a hotter 57 classic plus in the bridge.
- Body: select mahogany, a time-tested tonewood, lends superb depth and resonance.
- Hardware: a tune-o-matic bridge and improved sideways vibrola, all gold plated.
- Controls: three independent volume controls with master tone and with switchcraft™ three-way switch.
- Neck: solid glued-in mahogany neck with one-piece rosewood fingerboard, inlaid with acrylic trapezoids.
- Tuners: gold-plated vintage-style tuners with pearloid buttons.
- Body Mahogany
- Weight Relief None
- Adhesive Franklin Titebond 50Body
- Species Mahogany
- Profile Slim Taper / .800" - .900"
- Truss Rod SG
- Adhesive Franklin Titebond 50Neck
- Joint Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle Tolerance +/- .005"Neck Fit
- Species Dark Rosewood
- Frets 22
- Radius 12"
- Binding Cream
- Inlays Acryllic Trapezoid
- Nut/E.O.B 1.695" / 2.260"Fingerboard
- Material Tektoid™
- Width 1.695"
- Slots Gibson PLEK System
- Logo Mother of Pearl "Gibson"with Holly
- Truss Rod Cover Black and White Bell With Hot Stamped "SG"
- Angle 17 DegreesHeadstock
- Model Vintage with Tulip Buttons
- Tuning Ratio 14:1
- Material Zamak
- Plating GoldTuners
- Type Tune-O-Matic
- Material Zamak
- Plating GoldBridge
- Type Sideways Tremolo
- Material Steel
- Plating GoldBridge
- Knobs Black and White Top Hats with Gold Inserts
- Pickguard N/A
- Pickup Mounting Rings Black
- Strings .009" - .046"
- Strap Buttons Aluminum End Pins
- Rhythm 57 Classic / Alnico #2
- Middle 57 Classic / Alnico #2
- Lead 57 Classic / Alnico #2
- Covers Gold Plated
- Coil Wiring Machine WoundPickups
- Potentiometers 3 Volume Controls
- 1 Tone Control
- Type 500K Non-Linear
- Switches Three-Way Pickup Selector
- Output Jack Traditional 1/4"Electronics
- Sealer Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Surface Texture Smooth / Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
- Sealer 1 - 1.5 mils
- Top Coat Hi Gloss Lacquer / 90 Sheen 7 - 8 mils
- Type Hardshell
- Case Exterior Historic Brown
- Additional Materials Truss Rod Wrench, Gibson USA Owner's Manual
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||3 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||Full SIze|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
A great addition to the collection.
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*