“Here is the ultimate in a solid body guitar … The Incomparable Les Paul Custom Guitar,” so said the Gibson catalog, circa mid-1950s. This model still stands as one of the great Les Paul models, as this 2013 testifies.
We've only one left in stock, at our PMT Manchester store, and it's a superb instrument!
Today’s Les Paul Custom is based on the model from the mid-1950s, but with several modern appointments. The body is crafted with a hand-carved maple top, which is fitted to a body made from a solid piece of mahogany with strategically routed holes to lessen the weight of the guitar, resulting in a Les Paul with enhanced acoustic qualities and improved resonance.
The 24 ¾-inch scale length neck is also made from one solid piece of mahogany then topped by a 22-fret Richlite fingerboard outfitted with pearl block inlays and given Gibson’s traditional rounded profile. The pickups are Gibson’s 490R in the neck position, which offers the tonal characteristics of the original PAFs, and the 498T in the bridge position, which swaps the 490R’s Alnico II magnet for an Alnico V, thus making it slightly hotter with emphasis on mid-ranges and highs. Other appointments include Gibson’s legendary Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, metal tulip tuners, multi-ply white and black binding on both the top and back, gold hardware and a 1 11/16” nut width.
- The most accurate re-creation of the original 1959 Les Paul to date
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage '59 model
- Vintage non-weight-relieved mahogany body with hand-carved, bookmatched maple top
- 1959 rounded neck attached with '50s-style long neck tenon
- Fine details include vintage-style tulip tuners in a straight line, holly-head veneer headstock, and original acrylic trapezoid block inlays
- Hide-glued mahogany neck, with extended neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- Vintage CTS potentiometers and bumble bee capacitors coupled with CustomBucker pickups for dead-on vintage PAF tone
- Period-correct Aniline dye body and neck
- Hardshell case included
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple top, mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*