The Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass sets the definitive sound and looks of an electric bass guitar. An offset, contoured Alder body with maple neck forms the foundation for superb sustain and clarity.
Vintage Jazz Bass with minimalistic fretless fingerboard
Since 1951, Leo Fender's Bass Guitar designs have inspired musicians around the world. They have undergone very few refinements over the decades - a testament to their tried and tested formula for success. The Standard Jazz Bass retains the timeless, streamlined aesthetics with a few modern tweaks to help improve performance, tone and playability. With a slightly brighter and richer midrange tone compared to the Precision model, The Standard Jazz bass is a real musicians favourite.
Lightweight, offset waist body
An offset waist alder body gives the Jazz bass the perfect foundation for great tone, but doesn't weigh a ton. For several hours of gigging or recording, your back will appreciate the lightweight yet resonant body of the Standard Jazz! Modern upgrades include a shielded body cavity, which helps provide low-noise performance.
Comfortable Maple Neck
Traditionally, at the time Leo Fender conceived the original Jazz Bass, he didn't know that guitars wern't meant to have maple necks. However, his ignorance paid dividends, and the trademark blonde Maple neck has become a trademark feature of classic Fender guitars. Comfortable to play and a great aid to tone, the Jazz Bass becomes a true pick-up-and-play instrument.
Two single-coil Pickups
Courtesy of a Standard single-coil Bass Pickup at the Bridge and Single-Coil Bass Pickup at the Neck, the Jazz Bass is capable of super smooth, rich low end, but with the bite and growl at the top end for more melodic and aggressive players.
Produced at the Fender factory in Baja California, Mexico, the Standard Jazz Bass has won the hearts of bass guitarists around the world for its comfort, tone and no-nonsense stage appeal. Shop today at the PMT House of Rock - Fender Premier Showcase dealer with stores around the UK for expert advice, guidance and demonstration available.
- Model Name: Standard Jazz Bass Fretless, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0146202502
- Series: Standard
- Colour: Lake Placid Blue
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- Fret Size: Fretless
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Tinted Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard Vintage-Style with Single Groove Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Upgraded Pickups and Vintage Style Jazz Bass Control Knobs
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*