The new Fender Mustang P90 is part of the 2016 Offset Series guitars, and offers a twist on teh traditional Mustangs - this is a Fender Mustang liek you've never seen - or heard - before! Looking very "pawn shop" cool with it's P90 pickups, hardtail bridge and other upgrades, the new Fender Mustang P90 offers those authentic Fender cleans but with added mojo and bite, for a fatter sound than conventional single coil pickups.
Perfect for garage rock and other styles that thrive on nonconformity, the Mustang 90 offers a distinctive take on a classic model. With upgraded features, unique aesthetics and fat Fender sound, this spirited instrument is perfect for players that march to a different beat. A new take on an underground classic, it stays true to the rebellious spirit that birthed rock ‘n’ roll.
Tonally flexible, the pair of Mustang MP-90 pickups have all the bite and pristine cleans you’ve come to expect from Fender pickups, with a snarly midrange and punchy low end that breathes new life into the traditional Mustang sound. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch, shape the pickups’ tone to craft your sound. Topped by a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles. The sixsaddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge increases sustain while the bent steel saddles add a touch of “cut” to your sound, and are adjustable for spot-on intonation.
The 24” scale is ideal for players with smaller hands, while adding a bit of warmth and thickness to the guitar’s inherent tone and giving it a slinkier playing feel. This guitar’s smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight. A gloss polyester finish protects the body while the neck bears a satin polyurethane finish for fast, easy playability. A hot-rodded take on an indie hero, the Mustang 90 is the ideal guitar for the new wave of players who desire modern features and classic short-scale style.
Fender Mustang P90 features:
- Series: Offset
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge:6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent SteelSaddles
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: MUSTANG® MP-90 (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
|Nut Width||1.650" (42mm)|
|Pickup Config||2x p-90|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||mustang style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*