AMERICAN VINTAGE '56 STRATOCASTER - LEFT HANDED
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The left-handed American Vintage '56 Stratocaster® guitar takes you straight back to mid-1956, when the model was still new and when what is quite possibly the most prized and popular neck ever affixed to the instrument first appeared—a thick one-piece maple neck with a "V" shape. Such meticulous authenticity even extends to the single-ply white pickguard with eight holes, lightweight alder body (ash on White Blonde) with deep contours, and vintage-accurate pickups, bridge saddles, tuner spacing and more.
- Body Shape - Stratocaster
- Body Material - Alder
- Body Finish - Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material - Maple
- Neck Shape - Thick Soft "V"
- Scale Length - 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius - 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets - 21
- Fret Size - Vintage-Style
- String Nut - Bone
- Nut Width - 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: - 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish - Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Fingerboard - Maple
- Position Inlays - Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup - American Vintage '56 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup - American Vintage '56 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup - American Vintage '56 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup - Pickup Configuration - SSS
- Bridge - 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines - Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Orientation: - Left-Hand
- Pickguard - 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs - Eggshell
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*