When he officially joined the Kiss line-up in 2002, Tommy Thayer injected KISS with an explosive new sound that helped rejuvinate their stage show. This revolution in their sound centered around Thayer's Les Paul, the most iconic electric guitar in history. Epiphone pay homage to the influential rise of Thayer with the Limited Edition 'White Lightning', hand-picked by Thayer to his exact specifications but won't look out of place at the front of any stage, big or small. Featuring a beautiful custom White finish, 7-ply binding, Seymour Duncan JB Humbuckers and a Custom Hard Case, this guitar embodies everything that a KISS frontman wants in an axe!
Epiphone’s second Les Paul collaboration with one of the world's most exciting guitarists, Tommy 'Spaceman' Thayer of KISS.
Tommy’s 2015 Les Paul has a Mahogany body that delivers the classic tone and sustain that all true Les Pauls are known for, adorned with a plain maple veneer top and metallic White finish. The body also has 7-ply (pure white and black) binding on the top and single-ply pure white binding on the fingerboard. The 1960s SlimTaper “D” profile Mahogany neck has a deep-set, glued-in neck joint, a 24.75” scale length, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a 1.68" nut.
Additional appointments include a 'White Lightning' logo on the neck, aswell as a Tommy Thayer engraved truss rod cover and White Lightning headstock inlay. As well as the custom white hard case, this Limited Edition model also features a generous set of accessories and extras - see the PMT gallery view for a full view of whats in the box!
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Plain Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Chrome, Metal; Engraved "Tommy Thayer"
- Nut: PVC; Pure White
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid Trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker; Covered with chrome mounting rings
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker; Open-Coil with white bobbins
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatics : 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: PVC; Chrome Colour
- Knobs: White "Top Hats" with metal pointers
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Est. Production Quantity: 1,000 pcs
- Includes: Custom "White" Hard Case, Inspired by Custom Studded Leather Strap (like Tommy's), Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Binder with certificate and photograph, User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Epiphone Poster, Epiphone Bumper Sticker
|Body Size||Full Size|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*