The original Thunderbird bass has been heard on countless hit records over the years, and has become one of rock's most distinguished bass guitar styles.
Retaining the iconic look of the original Thunderbird, this Epiphone Classic re-issue sports Gibson TB Plus pickups for thunderous low end tone.
For the modern player, Epiphone's Classic-IV re-issue keeps the fundamental design the same, while upgraded electronics and hardware turn this into a new beast altogether. A wide, winged Mahogany body and a 7-ply layered mahogany/walnut neck set the foundation for rich, warm low end and rock-solid stability.
The Classic IV neck has a 1960s-style rounded profile, which makes it easy to play without sacrificing the tone that comes with a full-size bass neck. The mahogany/walnut neck has a 34-inch scale length with a rosewood fingerboard, a 12-inch radius, 20 medium-jumbo nickel/silver alloy frets, a 1.50-inch nut and pearloid "dot" inlays.
The Thunderbird IV was first introduced in 1963 and instantly became one of rock's recognisable bass guitar designs. For almost five decades, the Thunderbird has powered artists as varied as Nikki Sixx, The Who, Kings of Leon, Cheap Trick, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steely Dan and the Silversun Pickups.
- Body: mahogany body wings
- Neck: 7-ply mahogany/walnut
- Neck Profile: 1960s rounded bass profile
- Neck joint: through-neck
- Fingerboard: rosewood with pearloid dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20-medium jumbo, nickel/silver alloy
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.50"
- Neck Pickup: Gibson TB Plus humbuckers
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson TB Plus humbuckers
- Bridge: classic style 3-point adjustable Flush-Mount, fully adjustable
- Controls: -neck volume, -bridge volume, -master tone
- Tuners: black die-cast 17:1 ratio
- Hardware: black
- Control knobs: black TopHats with chrome metal inserts
- Optional: hard case with black vinyl exterior, gray plush interior and chrome hardware
- Colour: Alpine White
|Neck Wood||mahogany / walnut|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*