Epiphone's new Masterbilt Century range brings back vintage designs from the 1920s and 1930s, but with new features for the modern player.
Buy this Epiphone electro-acoustic from us online or at one of our PMT Stores, and claim a FREE Epiphone accessory kit! This offer is valid during October 2016 only, so hurry up! For more details, read our blog.
A History of Archtop Excellence Since 1931 Reinvented for the 21st Century
It's the first collection of archtop "acoustic/electric" guitars designed to be played and amplified as true acoustic instruments. The Epiphone Masterbilt Century Olympic (in Violin Burst) is a smaller-bodied acoustic / electric guitar with a superb tonal range that belies its size. And what's more: the new under-saddle pickup makes sure it retains a great acoustic sound, when plugged to an amp or PA.
The Masterbilt® Olympic Acoustic/Electric Guitar is a smaller-sized archtop with an arched Solid Spruce top with traditional Longitudinal Bracing, a Mahogany body, and classic f-holes. Inside the upper f-hole is a 1930s era replica Epiphone label. The Olympic is available in traditional Honeyburst and Violin Burst aged gloss finishes, each with unique color tones inspired by Epiphone’s priceless vintage collection in Nashville, Tennessee. The tortoise style pickguard comes unattached. Pickguard hardware comes included.
Epiphone’s first Masterbilt archtops quickly rose to popularity during the 1930s “Big Band” era and were renowned for their warm woody tone, wide tonal range and punchy volume. However, with the invention of the electric guitar pickup, archtop acoustic guitars quickly became equipped with magnetic amplification and were for the most part, forever transformed into “electric” guitars. Until now… Epiphone, the leader in affordable professional archtop guitars, reinvents the archtop again by combining our original, time-tested designs with 21st century acoustic guitar electronics to bring you the new Masterbilt Century Collection™.
The first collection of archtop “acoustic/electric” guitars designed to be played and amplified as true acoustic instruments. Just play one and you will immediately feel and hear the difference between today’s common “flat top” acoustic guitar and the unique voice of a Masterbilt Century. Plug one in and prepare to be amazed! Really. You have to hear it to believe it. Now with the eSonic™ HD preamp and Shadow NanoFlex™ HD Under-saddle pickup, you can plug in any Masterbilt Century archtop acoustic/electric into an amp or any PA and hear your guitar’s beautiful and dynamic true acoustic tone on any size stage. For flattop guitarists who have only played old plywood archtops, the sound of a Masterbilt Century guitars will be a revelation. Get ready for a totally new acoustic guitar experience!
- Historic Epiphone Archtop Design with classic "f" Hole
- Solid Spruce Top with Longitudinal Bracing
- True Acoustic Sound with Sonic™ HD Preamp/NanoFlex™ HD pickup
- Ebony Fretboard
- Historic Tuners and Headstock Inlay Design
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Hardware Aged Nickel
- Top Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Body Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Dimensions Lower Bout = 14.62"
- Upper Bout = 10.6"
- Waist = 8.69"
- Body Length = 19.2"
- Neck 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Profile Rounded "C" shape
- Preamp eSonic™ HD (High Definition)
- Controls Master Volume & Master EQ
- Pickup Shadow NanoFlex™ HD; Under-saddle
- Power 9 Volt Battery
- Output Jack 1/4"
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Neck Joint
- Dovetail; Glued-In
- Fingerboard Ebony
- F’Brd Inlay Pearloid "Dots"
- Headstock Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos
- Tuners Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons; Improved to 18:1 ratio
- Frets 20; Medium
- Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.69" (43mm)
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Strings Cleartone®; 12-53
- Bridge Floating Adjustable; Ebonoid
- Saddle Compensated; Artificial Bone
- Tailpiece Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Binding Body Top - 3-Layer
- Body Back – 3-Layer
- Fingerboard – 1-Layer
- Headstock - None
- "f" Hole - none
- Pickguard Imitation Tortoise
- Strap Buttons Yes
- Serial Number 1930's Era Replica Soundhole Label
- Optional Century Collection Olympic Hard Case
- Warranty Epiphone Limited Lifetime
|Scale Length||25.5" (64.8 cm)|
|Nut Width||1.69" (43mm)|
|Neck Wood||hard maple/mahogany|
|Pickup Config||1x shadow nanoflex™ hd; under-saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||laminated flame maple|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*