PMT Northampton is looking for a customer-focused and motivated sales assistant with a great understanding of drum kits and equipment to join their team of in-store experts.
Candidates must have previous retail experience, superb communication skills, a willingness to put customers first, be a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Great product knowledge of acoustic and electric drum kits, cymbals, drum accessories and percussion instruments is necessary. The successful applicant will work towards growing PMT Northampton's 'House of Drums' department to meet the needs of customers.
This is a full-time, paid position, and candidates must be able to start on Tuesday 1st November 2016.
What PMT Northampton is looking for in applying candidates:
- Extensive knowledge of acoustic and electric drum kits, cymbals, drum accessories and percussion instruments is necessary for this role
- Knowledge of other musical instruments such as guitars, pro-audio equipment, amplifiers, keyboards and accessories is preferred
- Able to recommend and demonstrate products effectively to customers
- Offer a high-level of technical support for new and existing customers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active approach towards sales and building professional, friendly customer relationships
- Have a keen eye for detail when merchandising products, ensuring they are visually attractive, demo-ready and secure
- Communicate effectively with other stores, colleagues and head office to ensure smooth running of the company
- The ability to use company IT systems to process deliveries and provide efficient stock management
- Experience using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- To assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the store
- Be within traveling distance to the PMT Northampton store
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and mark for the attention of the store manager, Jim Gross, with the subject title “Drum Expert Application”. Alternatively, pop into PMT Northampton and introduce yourself!
Closing date for applicants is Friday 28th October 2016.
Please note this is a full-time, permanent position with an immediate start date. Salary will reflect experience and will be discussed during the interview. The store is open 7 days a week, and applicants must be able to work 5 days a week (working hours are 9:30am-6:00pm, Monday to Saturday, and 11:00am-5:00pm on Sundays).
PMT Northampton, 86 Bridge Street, Northampton, NN1 1PD. View store information.