PMT Manchester is looking for a customer-focused and motivated sales assistant with a great understanding of hi-tech equipment and electric guitars to join their team of in-store experts.
Candidates must have previous retail experience, superb communication skills, a willingness to put customers first, be a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Great product knowledge of pro-audio equipment and guitars is necessary, and the successful applicant will work towards growing PMT Manchester's vast hi-tech and electric guitar department to meet the needs of customers.
This is a full-time, paid position, and candidates must be able to start as soon as possible.
What PMT Manchester is looking for in applying candidates:
- Extensive knowledge of hi-tech equipment such as PA systems, studio and recording equipment, and DJ gear; plus an extensive knowledge of electric guitars is necessary for this role
- Able to recommend and demonstrate products effectively to customers
- Offer a high-level of technical support for new and existing customers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active approach towards sales and building professional, friendly customer relationships
- Have a keen eye for detail when merchandising products, ensuring they are visually attractive, demo-ready and secure
- Communicate effectively with other stores, colleagues and head office to ensure smooth running of the company
- The ability to use company IT systems to process deliveries and provide efficient stock management
- Experience using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- To assist in the up keep and maintenance of the store
- Be within traveling distance to the PMT Manchester store
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter to the store manager, Andy Hartwell, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Hi-Tech and Guitar Expert Application”. Alternatively, pop into PMT Manchester and introduce yourself!
Closing date for applicants is Friday 9th September.
Please note this is a full-time, permanent position with an immediate start date. Salary will reflect experience and will be discussed during the interview. The store is open 7 days a week, and applicants must be able to work 5 days a week (working hours are 9:30am-6:00pm, Monday to Saturday, and 11:00am-5:00pm on Sundays).
PMT Manchester, The Red Rose Centre, Unit 5, Regent Road, Salford M5 3GR. View store information.