Yamaha have made some great professional mixers before, but the new Yamaha TF Series of Digital Mixers might be their best yet.
If you need a great mixer, you can choose any Yamaha mixer and be sure it'll serve you well. From affordable and compact USB mixers fro home recording, to some pretty good analogue mixers (which can be found in many small to mid-sized venues all over the UK and beyond) Yamaha *really* does have a mixer for each and every need and budget.
The Yamaha TF Series, however, manages to innovate thanks to it's TouchFlow Operation, which allows the user to respond to the music and artists on stage with unprecedented speed and freedom. This new features takes live sound reinforcement to a new level of refinement. With powerful familiar multi-touch screen control and features designed to make setting up, mixing and recording the show quick and easy, whether you’re a relative newcomer or an experienced professional.
Main TF Series Features:
- For more versatile speaker system: Matrix Out Channels with Delay brings more flexible speaker set-up.
- Plug In & Play Dante Stagebox Solution: With fast, simple connection and setup, you can easily configure a natural, musical sounding Dante stagebox system. No more time consuming transport and setup of bulky analog snakes.
- 8 Powerful Processing/Effect Units: 8 processing/effect units in total now feature the same powerful programs. Get creative with more flexible sound-shaping and system expansion capability.
- New Functions for Quicker Setup and Operation: The TF's concept of TouchFlow Operation has been updated with new functions to improve workflow and system management. Enjoy the intuitive efficiency of touchscreen operation like never before.
- More QuickPro Presets: QuickPro Presets give you an optimized starting point to work from and save valuable time. New presets have been optimized for a wider range of microphones, musical instruments and output equipment.
- More Software. More Power: Just like the TF itself, software applications for iPad/iPhone/iPod and Mac/PC devices have also been updated to give you more intuitive operation of your console.
- Making live easier: Steinberg’s Nuendo Live multi-track live recording software is bundled with TF series digital mixing consoles.
- TF StageMix: an iPad application that provides wireless control of TF series consoles, allowing remote mixing from audience seating, in front of floor monitors, or any other listening position.
- MonitorMix: allows individual wireless AUX mixing from up to 10 iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices simultaneously.
Analogue Mixers vs. Digital Mixers
There's nothing wrong with analogue mixers, of course - on the contrary! Quite often, they're all you need, and many small venues do fine with one: more affordable and simple to use, they're very straight forward.
However, digital mixers offer so much more and that's why today, in most serious music venues, a digital mixer will be the main choice. The whole point of using a new TF series digital mixer is that you'll still get the same warm sound of analogue mixers, thanks to it's great preamp and the analogue inputs and outputs, but with much more versatility thanks to the most modern digital technology, which allows you to experience the intuitive control and creative freedom that only a truly evolved digital console can provide.
With the TouchFlow Operation interface optimized for touch panel control, experienced engineers as well as newcomers to the field will find it easier than ever to achieve the ideal mix. The D-PRE preamplifiers support sound quality that will satisfy the most discerning professional ears, while advanced live recording features and seamless operation with high-performance I/O racks give these compact digital mixers capabilities that make them outstanding choices for a wide range of applications.
Watch the videos:
TF SERIES INTRODUCTION
TF SERIES USER INTERFACE
TF SERIES QUICKPRO PRESETS
TF SERIES CUSTOMIZING
TF SERIES APPS