Boss have reissued one of their most legendary fx pedals: the Boss CE-2, the first ever compact chorus pedal! Pre order here
When it comes to music, and musical instruments, there's hardly ever consensus on anything - Beatles or Stones? Gibson or Fender? But the Boss CE-2 comes pretty close in being hailed as one of, if not "the" best and most desirable FX pedals ever. It was the first ever compact chorus pedal made by Boss, capturing the legendary tone of the pioneering Roland Jazz Chorus amp and of the Boss CE-1 pedal. The CE-2 was one of the defining sounds in 80's music, and was used by Johnny Marr in The Smiths, Robert Smith in The Cure, David Gilmour and countless others.
Today, a chorus pedal is pretty much an essential ingredient for indie rock bands, and the new Boss CE-2W promises to trump all others in terms of simplicity, sound and versatility. And yes - it's better than the original!
Boss CE-2W: The Best Chorus Pedal Available Today?
The Boss CE-2W is another miraculous Waza Craft pedal, which manages to once again not only to recreate a classic vintage pedal, but actually improves on it! Unlike the original CE-2, the new CE-2W has stereo outputs, and now also features three different types of sounds: the standard CE-2 chorus, plus a CE-1 chorus mode and a CE-1 vibrato mode. So, in fact, Boss is resurrecting not one, but two of their most legendary pedals!
And the beauty of it is that the CE-2W only has two knobs, for rate and depth. Simple, effective but extremely versatile, thanks to the new Waza Craft features.
Watch the CE-2W Demo Video:
Boss CE-2W Features:
The CE-2W’s Standard mode faithfully recreates the classic CE-2 chorus sound, and adds an expansive new sound field with stereo output, which was unavailable in the mono CE-2. CE-1 mode fully reproduces the stereo chorus and vibrato sounds of the legendary CE-1, with the addition of variable chorus depth not available in the original pedal. To commemorate the birth of BOSS effects, the CE-2W is made exclusively in Japan, just as the original CE-1 and CE-2 were.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Standard mode provides a perfect reproduction of the legendary CE-2 sound
- CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedal
- Includes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds
- Rate and Depth knobs provide fine sound adjustment in both pedal modes
- Premium all-analog circuitry with bucket-brigade (BBD) delay line
- Made in Japan to celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS effects
- BOSS five-year warranty