The fully Active Integrated Monitoring System was revealed at NAMM 2015, with Andy Munro himself at the forefront of the unveiling of the now entirely UK designed and manufactured Egg150 Monitoring System from Munro Sonic.
The original Munro Egg from sE Electronics was favoured by many a music studio producer, and the new Munro Sonic 150 monitoring system is designed to deliver the highest quality sound with the absolute minimum of colouration.
Munro Sonic have made a number of tweaks and refinements to the new system, with the Egg150 sporting a brand new Amp PCB design from a collaboration between Andy Munro and UK Military and Aerospace equipment manufacturer, Sedgewall. The sound of the systems in production is now much closer to the original Gold Standard design by Andy Munro, and while the high frequency and essence of the system’s sound remain very similar to the original, the bass is even tighter and punchier, and the low-mids more open and focused.
Key features from the new Egg150 Monitoring System includes:
- Rigid and resonant neutral shell construction
- Smooth frequency response
- Greatly reduced smearing
- Superb transient response
- Ultra-fast and low distortion (4*50W) with 100W/Channel headroom indicator
- Precise 'sweet spot' – unique LED locator guide beams
- Dual input switching and level control
By Sophie Moss