The Aston Spirit is a product of 100% British research, development, design and manufacturing, setting a new benchmark for studio microphone brands to follow.
Studio-grade condenser microphone with multi-pattern pickup and low-cut switches
When Aston Microphones went about their design for the Spirit, their aim was to produce a microphone with a unique set of features, aesthetics and unrivalled signal-to-noise performance.
Starting at the unique wave-form mesh head, the Spirits' design not only looks stunning, but offers additional protection against bumps and knocks - peace of mind for the mobile engineer using the microphone from studio-to-studio. The capsule is encased inside a shock-resistant chassis, while offering additional off-axis rejection for a cleaner, more reliable signal. A mesh-knit pop filter is built into the wave-form head, once again serving to remove any unwanted artifacts from vocal takes and removing the need for additional filters or accessories.
The Spirit also features a multiple Polar Pickup pattern switch, so you can tailor the performance of the capsule to multiple recording applications. Whether you are recording vocals, guitars or any acoustic instrument, the Aston Spirit offers performance at a price that won't break the bank.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Spirit, is the use of custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. No other mic has this. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in, and interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones extremely easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of Aston microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here… instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 80dB A-Weighted
- Polar pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to the capsule voltage bias
- Novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/ clear audio output
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*