Get some real analogue character in your tracks, with the ability to work standalone, via Gate Trigger, USB and MIDI. The Akai Tom Cat also features pads for live playing and like all Akai hardware the Cat is more fun to play with than a big ball of string. It also plays nicely with companion pieces like the Rhythm Wolf.
Tom Cat is an exciting true analog drum machine with five built-in percussion voices, including Kick, Snare, and Clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms. Onboard controls—all continuously variable—enable users to customise the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice separately for precise real-time adjustment.
Outfitted with six MPC-style pads and a built-in 32-step sequencer, Tom Cat provides an ultraresponsive interface with a classic drum machine layout. Drum patterns can be fine-tuned using the Swing function, Pattern Select, and Tempo Control knob. A custom signal path, activated by its unique “Maul” circuitry, lets the user ‘dirty up’ their drum beats for just the right effect.
- True analog drum machine with 5 percussion voices
- Kick, Snare, and Clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms
- Onboard 32-step sequencer with classic drum machine workflow
- Gate trigger In/Out, for triggering your sequences via modular synths, vintage sequencers or external sound sources
- “Maul” circuitry to dirty up your drum beats
- 6 custom-calibrated MPC-style pads for sequencing and finger drumming
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*